According to ophthalmologist Dr. Chris Knobbe, who has researched the matter extensively, many chronic metabolic and degenerative diseases, including age-related macular degeneration, are caused by a preponderance of industrial vegetable oils in the diet. Replacing dangerous oils with healthy fats can go a long way toward boosting your health and reducing your risk of chronic disease.
By Dr. Mercola
- Some of the most damaging components in our modern diet are processed vegetable oils, as they contain excessive amounts of oxidized omega-6 linoleic acid, a polyunsaturated fat (PUFA). The biological damage they cause is even worse than that caused by refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup
- Many chronic metabolic and degenerative diseases, including age-related macular degeneration, are caused by a preponderance of industrial vegetable oils in the diet
- Vegetable oils degrade to extremely toxic oxidation products when heated, including cyclic aldehydes, which contribute to the development of heart disease and neurodegenerative diseases
- Two common stealth sources of harmful PUFAs are conventionally farmed chicken and pork. These animals are routinely fed grains such as corn. As a result, the meat becomes high in omega-6 linoleic acid, as corn is loaded with this type of fat
- Replacing processed vegetable oils (and the foods that contain them)…
View original post 2,329 more words